Sunday, February 16, 2014
Snow days and Make-up
I HATE complaining about the weather. We live in Pennsylvania. I know there are seasons – one of which means there will be snow.
I’ve had enough! Really! I really have!
Talk about a waste of make-up!
Thursday morning, I get up, get ready, get baby A ready, and off we go. I drop her off at daycare where I’m told that they will be moving her up to the toddler room. (*Insert tear here! Can we please just make it slow down???) In case that wasn’t rough enough, I get back in my car, turn down the hill to head to work, brake gently since the roads were less than ideal to say the least, and proceed to gain speed toward the house at the bottom of the road. I somehow managed to get it turned just in time to miss the house, but at that point I decided that I wasn’t going to the office. I turned around, went back to the daycare, called my boss, went back inside to get baby A, and we slowly made our way home.
But seriously, had I planned on working from home today I wouldn’t have gotten up at my normal time, showered, and put make-up on.
I have reached out to some great companies so I can get back to doing what I love to do and sharing amazing products and companies with you. But while I’m waiting to hear from them, I will tell you how we’ve put our money where our mouths are. I am going to do is tell you about some of the products that we’ve been using around our house!
So speaking of make-up – first I’ll tell you about the stuff I’ve been using. I have been transitioning from anything that tests on animals to cruelty free and more natural products. As I previously mentioned, I don’t think animals should have to suffer for my vanity.
Here you will see the things that make an appearance pretty much daily in my morning routine:
1) Twisted Peppermint moisturizing lotion soap from Bath and Body Works (Did you know that as a company they don’t test on animals?! This is great since I love their soaps!)
2) LUSH Imperialis moisturizer – light and has a great scent to it. My skin is loving this stuff right now with how dry I am.
3) BareMinerals (from left)
- Flawless Definition mascara – I’m not positive about this one. It does make my eyelashes look long, but I don’t get much volume from it. I might still be in the market for some *good* mascara.
- Ready Foundation – makes my skin look great with just enough coverage.
- Well-Cared for brush cleaner – I will admit that I haven’t tried this yet, but I will let you know what I think when I do.
- Warmth All-Over Face Color – This is awesome for some all over face glow. I know I need a little help in the sun-kissed look at this point in the winter!
- Mineral Veil Powder – I like this for the finishing touches over the foundation.
- You will also see the Prime Time primer and the eyelid primer – These are great for getting your face ready for your foundation. I find that it gives me a great canvas to start on.
4) Tom’s of Maine deodorant – in Fresh Apricot – I will admit that I am having a love / hate relationship with this stuff. It has a great smell, goes on light, and is all natural. BUT I find that I do tend to sweat a little more with this than my old antiperspirant/deodorant that I used to use. I think it will be good for the cooler temps, but I might miss staying dry in the summer.
So there we have it! That is what I’ve been using in my morning routine.
Let me know what natural or no-animal testing products you’ve been using and what your thoughts are – I’d love to hear from you!