Tuesday, March 11, 2014
I took a sick day today – it wasn’t planned even though the weather was A-MAZ-ING! See the pic for proof.
I wasn’t feeling well yesterday, add a horrible night with a teething toddler (molars are the worst!), the fact that I get migraines with seasonal changes and lack of sleep, and the time change kicking my butt – it was the perfect combination to make the executive decision to stay home and rest so things didn’t get worse.
Sometimes a sick day with a little sunshine is just what the doctor ordered (even though I still have the nagging sore throat and general head yuckiness).
Things I learned today:
1) Blanket tents are great at all ages. I made a quick one for Baby A and she enjoyed it for a little while.
2) Rocks are awesome! Even better than school buses apparently. And especially to an almost 15 month old. Baby A was so cute picking them out of our rock landscaping. She stood on our steps and held my hand – maybe for balance, maybe just to be sure that mama wasn’t going anywhere, maybe she just wanted to share her little adventure with me. Whatever the case, it was great.
3) I finally figured out the secret to filing her toe nails. Let her play with above rocks as a distraction while I file. She wasn’t thrilled with it, but it wasn’t nearly the fight we normally have.
4) Discovering shadows for the first time – and watching this discovery unfold was amazing.
5) Juan Pablo (for you Bachelor fans out there) is still awful and getting worse as I get closer to the finale – yeah, I’m still catching up. I can’t wait to see the Women Tell All episode. It should be interesting to say the least.
Monday, March 10, 2014
This goes out to an amazing woman who has always done everything she can to give us anything she could...
Thank you Mom, for everything you have done -
for being a strong, loving, caring, supportive woman and Mommy,
and now a wonderful Mee Maw!
Happy Birthday and may you have many more!
(Remember - it's just a number! :) )
I love you!
Sunday, March 9, 2014
It’s been quite the weekend – again. And they just seem to go faster and faster and faster with each passing one. Everyone says that time flies when you have a little one, but I wasn’t prepared for this.
Friday night we went to a fish fry with a few of our friends and their 2 little ones. Their Little C and Baby A-2 are adorable! We sat down and had the baby girls at the end next to each other – both Baby A’s were together. As we sat there eating, I looked over in time to see my Baby A sharing her food with Baby A-2 who is about 5 months younger. She was so sweetly setting the food onto her tray and watching to see if she would eat it. I felt an overwhelming sense of pride wash over me – just watching how kind and sweet my little baby girl is, and a hope that she will always stay this way.
I feel like as parents, we all do the best that we can. And I guess at some point we just need to hope that something we did was right and will stick to make them good little people when they are on their own, and we aren’t standing over them making sure they are doing the right things.
We decided from the beginning that we wanted to do the best we could (for us – I know this is a highly personal choice and everyone does what they feel is best for their family) with starting Baby A out on mama milk (breast milk) and organic purees and fruits and veggies when she started solids.
One of the products that we have used from the beginning of Baby A’s solid food adventure is Plum Organics. She has always been a fan of most of their products. Of course, all babies have their own personal preferences – we’ve been very lucky and she is a very good eater and loves fruits and veggies.
Not only is Plum an organic company (as their name indicates), but they also give back where they can. “The Full EffectTM is Plum’s program dedicated to nourishing little ones in need across America.” Check out their website to see everything they do – it’s pretty awesome! I wasn’t aware of how they worked to help kids until I was looking for companies to write about, but I’m happy to say that our family supports them.
In addition to “The Full EffectTM”, be sure to take a look at their “Partners” that they support. All really great stuff!
Plum has a variety of products for a range of ages from baby to tots to kids. They have puree pouches in fruits, vegetables, yogurts, and mixes. They have snack foods that include Little Cremes, Little Yums, Super Puffs, and Fiddlesticks just to name a few.
Even though Baby A is fully eating solids at this point, we still give her pouches as a “supplement” whenever I feel that she isn’t getting enough nutrition from the meal we are having – you know – for those pizza nights or whenever she’s feeling picky. We will continue to buy Plum products especially now that I know more about what a good company they are!