Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Sick Day and Sunshine
I took a sick day today – it wasn’t planned even though the weather was A-MAZ-ING! See the pic for proof.
I wasn’t feeling well yesterday, add a horrible night with a teething toddler (molars are the worst!), the fact that I get migraines with seasonal changes and lack of sleep, and the time change kicking my butt – it was the perfect combination to make the executive decision to stay home and rest so things didn’t get worse.
Sometimes a sick day with a little sunshine is just what the doctor ordered (even though I still have the nagging sore throat and general head yuckiness).
Things I learned today:
1) Blanket tents are great at all ages. I made a quick one for Baby A and she enjoyed it for a little while.
2) Rocks are awesome! Even better than school buses apparently. And especially to an almost 15 month old. Baby A was so cute picking them out of our rock landscaping. She stood on our steps and held my hand – maybe for balance, maybe just to be sure that mama wasn’t going anywhere, maybe she just wanted to share her little adventure with me. Whatever the case, it was great.
3) I finally figured out the secret to filing her toe nails. Let her play with above rocks as a distraction while I file. She wasn’t thrilled with it, but it wasn’t nearly the fight we normally have.
4) Discovering shadows for the first time – and watching this discovery unfold was amazing.
5) Juan Pablo (for you Bachelor fans out there) is still awful and getting worse as I get closer to the finale – yeah, I’m still catching up. I can’t wait to see the Women Tell All episode. It should be interesting to say the least.